Saturday, January 9, 2016

December 2015

Dec. 3rd: I had fun cuddling with Gordon. He is super cute and likes to wrap his arms and legs around our arms when we have our hands on his tummy. He is such a cutie. You would think with as active as his legs are now that he kicked me a ton in the womb but he didn't.

Dec. 4th: While babysitting today I colored with the kids. They liked that. I also got my Scentsy warmer going with some Holiday scent that smelled delicious. I had to get the house cleaned up for a LulaRoe party. Several people came but not very many purchases were made. Anthon let me get a new Cassie skirt and my first Irma shirt.

Dec. 5th: It's tradition in Eagle Mountain to have Santa Clause come around the neighborhood on a firetruck. We were heading out the door just in time to see him driving by. The boys took a cooking class that a lady offers in Saratoga Springs. They made cookie cups, brought a gift to exchange and were able to meet Santa. They made their lists for Santa and I guess Vin cried a little when Santa came in.
I did a little Christmas shopping in the afternoon for everyone in the family and that was fun. After that I went over to my friends house and babysat their kids for a few hours. I took Vin with me until it was time for the other kids to go to bed. We ate pizza, did a puzzle and then watched some short films on Netflix. It was fun to watch the kids and play with them.

Dec. 8th: I went to the doctor to discuss my groin pain I have had off and on since I had Everett almost 5 years ago. They think it is due to instability of the SI joint and enthesopathy of the groin. I'm doing some PT next week while in AZ where I can ASTEM done which irritates the area and promotes healing. We'll see how it goes. The other option is to inject some irritants into the area and hope that it heals but that is very expensive since it is not covered by insurance.

Dec. 9th: I went and did daycare in the evening at the Crossfit gym and Vin was totally passed out on the love sac thing. It was super cute. I worked out after that and completed a ton of squat cleans at 65# and pull ups. Its the first time since October that I have done pull ups in a workout. My hands tore but seem to be doing just fine. It was pretty mild.

Dec. 10th: I got a cute video of Gordon eating some rice cereal. He is becoming a lot more alert and I'm sure will progress to sitting and crawling in no time. Probably before we are ready. I went shopping for some snacks for our trip to AZ while Everett was at school and also ordered our Christmas cards/pictures for family down there.

Dec. 11th: We started our drive down to AZ. We arrived at Aunt Serena's house between 1-2AM which is about average for us. The drive down wasn't pretty painless.

Dec. 12th: We finished our drive down to Anthon's parents. We got an earlier start then what we typically do. We went to a Christmas breakfast thing that Aunt Serena's ward was having and each boy got to sit on Santa's lap. It was fun. The boys were so excited to get to Grandma Riding's house. I would say it's one of their favorite places to be.
I got pulled over on our way down for going 90 in a 65 area. We got super lucky and I didn't get a ticket. The officer said that because I was honest and didn't give him any crazy answers that I only got a warning. I used to drive a lot faster when we made trips like this but typically don't anymore. I'm glad everything turned out okay.
We went to a Murder Mystery Dinner with our friends Jen and Steve in the evening. It was fun. They served a 3 course meal while actors performed several scenes and we had to figure out who killed Mr. Boddee with what and in what room. Anthon and Steve got the answer right and Steve won a gift card to come back and see another show. There were lots of sexual innuendos but nothing too crazy. I got the room wrong but had the person and weapon correct. I gave Jen an Awesome giraffe shirt for Christmas that I found. It seemed like she liked it. We sat in Steve's truck for quite a while after to chat about kids and their kitchen remodel. We could always sit around chatting for hours.

Dec. 13th: We went to church at 9AM and I handed out lots of Christmas cards to friends from our old ward. I took a nap with Gordon. We went out to Grandma and Grandpa's house where we had beans, scones and salad. We also played May I. I won so that was Awesome. The kids had a blast playing with cousins. Not many things make me as happy or happier to see my kids having the time of their life.

Dec. 14th: We had our Christmas get together for when we were visiting. All of the siblings and sig, others were their except Andre. He went to Colorado to watch the Broncos play and didn't come back until the late evening. We had dinner, exchanged gifts, played May I and visited. We got to meet Rad's girlfriends for the first time and Jared and Becki were able to make it too. Andre had Anthon for the gift exchange and gave him a Batman fleece onesie pajama. Cari had me and she got me several things. She got me orange nail polish, orange socks, made me a shirt that says orange power, earrings and an infinity scarf. Anthon had Shaeda and we got her some Mesa high colored leggings and I had Rad and I got him an In-N-Out gift card and some Mr. Pibb.

Dec. 15th: Anthon graduated with his Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering! Hooray! Our journey of the last 6.5 years is over. The first day of the rest of our lives has started! The boys and I, Andrea and Grandpa Richardson were there. Vin started to have a fever the day before but it got pretty high during the ceremony. We are having cake and ice cream out at Grandma's house on friday night to celebrate.

-unfinished


No comments:

Post a Comment