Monday, February 2, 2015

Vacation June 2014

So about a week ago I decided that I wanted to take the boys and go on a little vacation. I decided we would go see Ana and Cristian in vernal and then from there go to Wyoming. we just left Tuesday night after two busy days and stayed at my parents in Heber. My parents just moved into a new house so the boys and I stayed downstairs in one of their rooms. The boys watched Frozen in one of the other rooms and enjoyed doing that while eating popcorn together. My parents and I and John watched 24 then chatted for a while. The boys didn't finish their movie but Vin came and crawled in my lap to fall asleep. The room had a queen bed but I laid some big pillows on the floor for Vin to sleep on. Everett went to bed when I did we got up Wednesday morning and drove 2 hours to Vernal. It was a short and painless trip.

We stayed two nights in Vernal and really enjoyed that. The first day we went to the splash pad and the boys loved that. We picked up some dollar water gun squirters and Cristofer brought a bucket too. It was great watching them play together while Ana, Cristian and I chatted. Ana and I got to discuss some love and logic parenting skills that work for her and that I have been trying to do with the boys. I realized that I was missing some of the pieces and I feel like I have been able to make some progress. Everett can throw quite the tantrum now. Our second day we took the kids to the park but it was pretty warm so we didn't stay too long. We played outside some here and there and the boys loved the playroom.

They had just recently bought their house and I loved it. They were renting a house before and didn't have any extra rooms in their last place. I forgot to ask about bed situations so we didn't bring an air mattress and ended up sleeping on the floor. The first night Everett slept in Cristofer's room on his cars couch/bed thing. At first he was a little scared because
it was different but then he fell right to sleep with me laying next to him. Cristofer wasn't used to it and ended up sleeping in his parents room. The second night he slept on the Cars things but slept in my room and Vin and I slept on the floor again over some blankets. We slept pretty good and the dogs slept with us for part of the night.

After two nights there we headed up to Casper, WY where all of my mom's side of the family lives and Mike was meeting us up there too. This was on a friday. Mike was Awesome and got us a room at the hotel he was staying at so that was nice. I noticed that Everett was coughing a little the day that we left Vernal. I think we went over to Grandma's first to pick her up but I can't quite remember now. I know we all went over to Uncle Chris' and met everyone there. We went and checked in at our hotel once we got together with Mike. The boy's were pretty happy to see him. It took several trips up to the room to get all of our stuff from the car.

Vin enjoyed riding on top of Mike's suitcase into the elevator. After we got settled then we all rode back over to Uncle Chris' and decided to go eat at a little Mexican restaraunt. The kids got some chicken strips I think (no surprise there!) and I got a quesadilla. I remember that for some reason my mouth had broken out with about 20 cankor sores during my vacation. I think it was the almonds. I thought a quesadilla was easier to eat then most things and I got a virgin Strawberry daiquri too because my Uncle Chris wanted to treat me to one. The boys were pretty good but got a little tired of being there because hey they are young crazy boys.

I believe we went back to Uncle Chris and Aunt Vicki's house for a while longer just to hang out and both boys fell asleep on the couch. Everett was coughing a little but nothing too serious. We eventually made it back to the hotel and I got the boys in bed. Everett wasn't sounding great and I already had a feeling it was going to be a long night. A couple hours later Everett woke up in a full blown croup coughing attack. I could get it to slow or get him to calm down so I hurried with him into the bathroom and closed the door. We got the shower going and spent about 10 mins. in there until his coughing slowed down and he was able to calm down a little. As if things weren't stressful enough, the fire alarm went off instantly when we came out of the bathroom because of the steam. I didn't know what to do so I ended up just waiting for it to stop. I also didn't know if it was just my room or the whole hotel so I was worried. We did end up waking up everyone around us.

I called Anthon in tears to let him know what was going on and to see what he thought I should do. We decided that if he woke up again from coughing then I would have to take him to the hospital. I had called down to the front desk to let them no the situation so they could apologize to the other guests if there was complaints. Well I predicted that Everett would wake up again and he did. The attack wasn't as bad as the first one but I didn't want to take any risks so I was able to call and wake Mike up and let him know what was going on. He came over to sleep with Vin and I took Everett to the hospital. We got in super quickly and they were able to get things calmed down. They gave him some medications and we got chest x-rays taken just to make sure nothing had entered his chest. We were monitered for over an hour and he was finally able to get some rest. I think we got back to the hotel room around 4 and we were able to get some sleep.

Obviously this post is a little outdated now since we took this vacation in June 2014. It was a really nice vacation and it was a little weird being back in Wyoming with all of my family but without my mom. I was able to go visit her grave and see her headstone for the first time in person. It turned out just how I hoped it would.

Papa Mike bought the boys some new shoes which they loved and we also went to get ice cream. We took a different route home which was faster and I hauled a small trailer behind me with some of my mom's things in it. I got a trunk, dresser and vanity from her and inside of some of those things were pictures and trinkets and memorable items that were hers.

It was a good trip but we were happy to get home too after not getting as much rest as we needed with Everett being sick. Will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment