Friday, September 12, 2014

The newest member of our family...

Here is my beloved SUV which I'm super excited about. We have had it sine May but I'm still playing catch up on my posts.

The boys and I spent a good amount of time before my wrist surgery looking for a second vehicle. They actually really enjoyed it and would get excited when I told them we were going to look at cars. The first lot we went to was kind of too snobby I guess you could say. I told the guy what my spending limit was and he only showed me cars that were no less than double what I said I could spend. Crazy huh? I also didn't feel comfortable letting the boys get in to look. Needless to say I didn't buy from there and we never returned.

I also did a great deal of looking on KSL and googled some other car lots to look at. I knew I wanted at SUV and not a mini van. Believe it or not the first car I normally drove after getting my license was a green mini van and that's okay but I have always wanted an SUV. I was most interested in a Tahoe, Yukon or Suburban. Those are what I first started looking at but then later started looking at Escalades and Expeditions as well.

After narrowing down what I wanted and felt that I needed, this is what I was looking for:
-3rd row seating (An absolute must)
-DVD player
-under 100,000 miles
-clean title
-good condition inside and out
-Automatic
-No smoker for previous owner
-Listed for under $15,000
-Year 2000 or newer

I test drove an Escalade but the price was a little higher than I wanted for as old as it was and I also test drove a couple suburban's but realized that for the most part they weren't in my price range unless they had too many miles.

I found a Ford Expedition on KSL that I was ready to look at and most likely purchase so I called about looking at it and had an appointment set up but the person called the other people that had just looked at it to let them know someone else was coming and they decided to buy it. I was pretty bummed.

I was running out of time before surgery and I'm not sure what I was out doing but I saw a dealership located off the highway and decided to go by it. That was the best decision I could have made. I loved the guy I was working with and I felt like he really wanted to sell me a vehicle in my price range for a great deal. I found a few things that would work for me but really liked a 2004 Ford Expedition. They also had a Suburban but I knew the price really wasn't going to be what I wanted to pay. I was also a little concerned about how long the vehicle would be.

I basically love everything about the expedition. The seats are leather. There is a DVD player, built in GPS system and heated seats. One thing I love about the 3rd row of seats is that they split so you can have just one seat up or two seats up at a time. It was only $100 more than my price range I had and it was under $100k miles

I will add pictures later

No comments:

Post a Comment