Monday, March 3, 2014

Car Accident November 2013

I was on my way to work at the Physical Therapy clinic and I went to turn left onto Inverness from Greenfield. This is less than a half a mile from work. There was a car going the other way that had his blinker on and was turning left the opposite way of me. I went ahead and went and realized barely too late that they decided to go straight and not turn and they clipped the back end of my car.

I was super upset and the person even said they saw me coming. In these kind of cases, I will most likely be seen at fault, even though the other person was at fault as well. It cost about $4900 to fix my car and I drove a rental car for about 3 weeks. We had to pay our deductible but the rest was covered by insurance. We are still in the process of the case.

We were able to go to a body shop that gave us a free loaner car. It wasn't a new car by any means but it saved us some money. We were able to get the car fixed just in time for our trip to Utah for Christmas. They had to order a good amount of body parts because of the areas that were damaged. The inside of the trunk got pretty crushed and they said a lot of damage was saved by my car jack otherwise they said it would have been damaged more.

The cops came and no one was issued a ticket and everyone was okay. I felt stiff and had a headache for a few days but ended up being okay. I am grateful for that. Here are a few pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment